After a leak displaying product information on The Last Of Us: Remastered, developer Naughty Dog went ahead and pulled the curtains on the remastered version of their winner of numerous game of the year awards.
The Last Of Us: Remastered will contain the main game, DLC and director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics. A price point hasn’t been revealed yet, but many retailers are listing the game at $60.
As far as actual specs for this enhanced version, we know that the game will run at 1080p and have higher resolution character models, improved shadows + lighting and upgraded textures.
Check out the box art below.
If you preorder the physical version of the game you will get the following bonuses:
- 100 supply points (XP) to use in Factions mode
- Two bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which unlock after completing the single player campaign
- Increased crafting speed in single player campaign
- Increased healing speed in single player campaign
- 9mm reload speed increase in single player campaign
- Rifle clip capacity increase in single player campaign
If you preorder the digital version from the PlayStation Store you get the following bonuses:
- Early access to brawler survival skill in Factions mode
- Early access to additional loadout points in Factions mode
- Early access to the jeep cap and surgical mask in Factions mode
Condemn (OR) Condone:
Though this certainly isn’t a package that will be offering anything mind-blowingly unique compared to last years PS3 version, you better believe that just about everyone will happily fork over money to play this for the updated PS4 graphics alone. I think the PS4’s controller is much better suited to this game’s style of play compared to the PS3 controller, so this good very well end up being the definitive version of the game. My judgment is Condone.
[Note] For a breakdown of the judgments click here.