The PlayStation 4 continues to be the king of the console race, as for a 4th month in a row it has been the highest-selling video game console. This news comes as the result of the NPD Group’s report today.
As has been the trend, the current-generation consoles continue to outsell their predecessors in their first 6 months. The report says:
“Life to date, sales of PS4 and Xbox One hardware have more than doubled the combined sales of PS3 and 360 hardware through their first six months of sales.”
So much console gaming becoming obsolete, eh?
Sofware sales have lagged behind a bit, dropping 10% to $227.9 compared to the $254.3 that was generated during the same month last year.
Below is the top 10 games for the month of April:
- Titanfall (360, XBO, PC)
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
- Minecraft (360)
- LEGO The Hobbit (360, PS3, One, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PS4, NWU, XBO, PSV, PC)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, NWU, PC)