Man, we’re hearing about a lot of collector’s editions today, aren’t we? Capcom has just announced what they have planned for the release of Street Fighter V, which certainly isn’t as lavish as the other collector’s editions for today but is still pretty sweet.
The collector’s edition for Street Fighter V comes with the game (duh), a 10-inch Ryu statue, a 48-page hardcover art book and code cards for bonus content. This bonus content includes digital comics, a soundtrack sampler and a one-month subscription to the Capcom Fighters Twitch channel.
Of course, there are also pre-order bonuses going around, which includes a bearded Ryu at GameStop, a covert ops Cammie at Best Buy, a sinister Bison costume at Amazon and a black dress for Chun-Li when purchased digitally. You just gotta love when the devs make deals to ensure that there is no way in hell that a person can get all of the content available, don’y ya?
Street Fighter V will launch in the Spring of 2016 for the PlayStation 4 and PC.
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End now has an official release date after being delayed by Naughty Dog, while details of the game’s collector’s editions were also revealed.
Uncharted 4 will release on March 18th, 2016 with both a physical special edition and a libertalia collector’s edition, as well as digital editions. Directly below you can check out the special edition of the game.
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray disc
- Collectible steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
- 48-page hardcover art book by Naughty Dog and Dark Horse
- Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
- Naughty Dog Points: redeem the points to unlock new multiplayer content and character upgrades
Now, if you’re a super hardcore Uncharted fan then you’re probably gonna want to go for the libertalia edition, which comes with everything offered above and more.
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake and Desert Drake outfits
- Three custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin, Snow Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery, Thomas Tew and Adam Baldrige Sigil Ball Caps
- Madagascar Sidekick Outfits
- Phurba Dagger Taunt
- An Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End dynamic theme
There are also digital variations of what is offered above. The digital standard edition comes with the following:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End digital download
- Two multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Heist Drake
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Snow Weapon Skin
- The Phurba Dagger Taunt
- Naughty Dog Points
And here’s what you get with the digital deluxe edition:
- Desert Drake Multiplayer Outfit
- Desert Weapon Skin
- Thomas Tew and Adam Baldridge
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack
- Includes future access to the first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
One big aspect of Final Fantasy XV is the fact that you get around in a convertible, which you can either control yourself or put it on autopilot. A new video has been uploaded that showcases the autopilot mode, which essentially lets you sit back and take in the scenery while the car rides for you.
While the fact that you you don’t have to control the car yourself is cool in a way, it doesn’t seem like it would be something I would use all that often. If someone else is controlling the car then that means you’re just sitting there waiting around, and that is something I can see getting old very fast.
Final Fantasy XV still doesn’t have a release date, though the devs are promising that it will launch at some point next year.
Mad Max is launching tomorrow on current-gen consoles and PC, though the PlayStation 4 version of the game will be coming with some exclusive content. Just what is the exclusive content, you may be wondering?
Hood ornaments. The exclusive content is hood ornaments.
I don’t know about you, but this definitely isn’t something that’s going to sway me towards the PlayStation 4 version over any other one. Why even bother with exclusive content when *that* is all that it is?
Destiny‘s big new expansion called The Taken King is set to be released next month, though it looks like it will be lacking something big at launch. Bungie has just confirmed that the $40 expansion will not be launching with a raid, which is part of any expansion’s most anticipated aspect.
This news comes just two weeks before the launch of this expansion, with no expected release date for when the raid might launch. Basically, they just want your money now and they’ll release that raid whenever they feel like it.
The Taken King will launch on September 15th, 2015, which marks the end of “year one” for Destiny.
Square Enix has revealed the release date for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the highly-anticipated sequel to the critically-acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It will launch on February 23rd, 2016 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
As a pre-order incentive, Square Enix has also revealed what they are calling “Augment Your Pre-Order”, which essentially increases what you get with your pre-order as more pre-orders are purchased. This is being done in tiers, with the publisher letting fans decide what they want from each tier as they unlock. Scroll down for a complete list of tiers and what they have to offer you:
TIER 1 – ONE ITEM PER PRE-ORDER (UNLOCKED FOR EVERYONE ON AUG. 31)
Choose between three Starter Packs that cater to stealth, aggressive or nostalgic players.
- Intruder Pack – Provides a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s trench coat and pistol with a silencer, laser sight, recoil and accuracy upgrades. Other bonuses include two EMP grenades, five packs of 10MM pistol ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis point for early augmentations.
- Enforcer Pack – Includes a custom-skinned version of Adam Jensen’s combat armor and combat rifle with a holosight, reload and capacity upgrades. Players will also receive two HE grenades, five packs of 5.56MM combat rifle ammo, 1000 credits and a Praxis Point for early augmentations
- Classic Pack – Grants access to Adam Jensen’s iconic combat armor, trench coat and revolver from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Players will also receive an extra pack of revolver Ammo.
TIER 2 – ONE ITEM PER PRE-ORDER
Pick between one of two bonuses that further immerse players into the game world – a digital art book that shows the aesthetic of the game, or a digital OST sampler with six tracks from award winning composer Michael McCann.
TIER 3 – AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE
Unlock the “Desperate Measures” pre-order mission in which Adam returns to the epicenter of the Ruzicka Train Station explosion and must rely on his augmentations and covert operative skills to unveil the true culprit responsible for the bombing.
TIER 4 – ONE ITEM PER PRE-ORDER
Get an in-depth look at the Deus Ex universe with a digital comic book that dives deeper into the game’s global conspiracies, or with a novella that follows iconic characters from Deus Ex: Human Revolution with new and unknown details on their lives.
TIER 5 – AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE
For the first time in the franchise’s history, if players meet this tier, the game will release four days before the official release date.
Bombshell is back with another trailer showing off how much of a badass she is, this time doing it in the Zeroth Guardian trailer. Check it out below.
We have another pretty solid look at what this little game is all about, and from the footage I’ve seen so far I’m pretty excited. That probably has to do more with the fact that Bombshell is a part of the Duke Nukem universe, and Duke Nukem is secretly my idol.
Okay, maybe not so secretly. Hail to the king, baby!
While Bombshell doesn’t have an official release date yet, it is expected to release sometime this year for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.